As part of Parkinson's Disease Summer School, we have arranged for each participant to have several lab tests done prior to the start of the school. These will provide our faculty-doctors the latest insights on your health and enable them to work with you to develop a strategy that is personalized to you.
Lab test kits and request forms will be mailed to each registered participant prior to the start of the program. This will ensure sufficient time for tests to be completed and sent to our faculty-doctors.
Below is a list of the tests to be done prior to the start of PD Summer School.
- Standard Lipid Panel
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Iron Measurements (serum iron, TIBC, % sat)
- Vitamin B12
- Complete Blood Count with Differential
- Uric Acid
- 25-OH Vitamin D
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
- Methlymalonic Acid
- Hair Lithium (and other essential and potentially toxic elements)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (Hydrogen & Methane breath testing)
- H. pylori test
- Intestinal permeability: lactulose/mannitol
- Dysbiosis: urinary indican
- Oxidized LDL