Spend a week at Bastyr University studying strategies designed to improve PD outcomes.
- Data driven: Strategies will be biologically plausible and supported by the published, peer-reviewed literature.
- Translational: Moving from the lab to Patients with Parkinson's (PwP).
- Experiential: Opportunities for hiking, boxing, tai chi, yoga, strength, balance , meditation, Hooverball, cycling, etc.
- Pragmatic: Immediately relevant to PwP. Participants will go home with real-world solutions.
- Patient-centered: Recommendations catered to your priorities/symptoms/situation.
- Integrative: We’ll send a copy of our suggestions to your physicians detailing the strategies along with explanations.
After a very successful and well-received session this summer, we are pleased to announce The PD School dates for 2018:
PD SCHOOL SESSION 1: AUGUST 12-17, 2018
PD SCHOOL SESSION 2: August 19-24, 2018
Our goal is to get you into the red circled area.
Cost for the program includes
- Personalized Labs. Click here for the list of lab work to be done prior to the session.
- 20 hours of classroom education. Click here for schedule details.
- Daily meals at Bastyr's famous Dining Commons which has been recognized with awards by The Seattle Times and Evergreen Monthly.
- Nightly movies
- Nutrition and cooking classes in the Bastyr Nutrition Kitchen
- Activities for Partners: Education, Cooking Classes, and Counseling
*All activities and courses are optional.