after a very successful and well-received session this summer, we are pleased to announce The PD School dates for 2018:
PD School Spring session: March 25-29, 2018
PD School Summer session: August 19-23, 2018
Registration information for these sessions will be available soon, but if you would like to be put on the list to receive session announcements or have any questions, please contact:
- Jessica Stallings at 425.602.3283
- Julie Herbison at 425.602.3053
- Or email email@example.com.
Spend a week at Bastyr University studying strategies designed to improve PD outcomes.
- Data driven: Strategies will be biological plausible and supported by the published, peer-reviewed literature.
- Translational: Moving from the lab to Patients with Parkinson's (PwP).
- Pragmatic: Immediately relevant to PwP. Participants will go home with real-world solutions.
- Patient-centered: Recommendations catered to your priorities/symptoms/situation.
- Integrative: We’ll send a copy of our suggestions to your physicians detailing the strategies along with explanations.
To get you into the red circled area.
The cost for the program includes:
- Personalized Labs. Click here for the list of lab work to be done prior to the session.
- 20 hours of classroom education. Click here for schedule details.
- Experiential — opportunities for hiking, boxing, tai chi, yoga, strength, balance , meditation, Hooverball, cycling, etc.
- Breakfast and lunch daily at Bastyr's famous Dining Commons which has been recognized with awards by The Seattle Times and Evergreen Monthly. (Dinner is on your own.)
- Nightly movies
- Shuttle pick-up / drop-off (McMenamin’s Anderson School House)
- Nutrition and cooking classes in the Bastyr Nutrition Kitchen
- Activities for Partners: Education, Cooking Classes, and Counseling
*All activities and courses are optional. (It's OK to skip school!)